[Openmcl-devel] About Contribs

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Sat Sep 12 10:04:14 PDT 2009

On Sep 12, 2009, at 2:59 AM, Glen Foy wrote:

> Pick a project.  Write a prototype and announce it to the list.
> Prototypes are best.  There is a wealth of experience and expertise on
> this list.  The suggestions you receive will greatly improve the final
> product.  By next year we could have several hundred contributions.

It would also be good if we could all get on the same page concerning
a revision control system and hosting service so all these projects
could be collaborated on in the same way.  SVN is the natural choice
since CCL itself is hosted on SVN, but the world at large seems to be
abandoning SVN in favor of Git and/or Mercurial.  The last time I
checked (which was a while ago) SVN didn't do proper branch merging,
which is a show-stopper as far as I'm concerned.  But maybe they've
fixed that?

Of course, what would be really cool is a Lisp-based RCS that did
Sexpr-based diffs rather than line-baed diffs.  But that is rather
ambitious.

rg