[Openmcl-devel] Trace/BPT trap with cl-opengl loading

Kevin Smith k2msmith at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 09:41:41 PDT 2010

I had some chance to play around with this and got a little further, but not
much...

I added a hack in my code to do this as per the example file mentioned
below...

;;;(use-foreign-library opengl)
  (let* ((s (ccl:make-semaphore)))
    (ccl:process-interrupt ccl::*initial-process*
       (lambda ()
                         (ccl:open-shared-library "OpenGL.framework/OpenGL")
 (ccl:open-shared-library "GLUT.framework/GLUT")
 (ccl:signal-semaphore s)))
    (ccl:wait-on-semaphore s))

With this code, the shared libraries appear to load, but I do get the error
message:

kevin-mac-pro-3:lisp kevinsmith$ ccl64
into #<Package "ASDF0">
; registering #<SYSTEM BABEL> as BABEL
/Users/kevinsmith/ccl-lisp/alexandria/alexandria.asd into #<Package "ASDF0">
; registering #<SYSTEM :ALEXANDRIA> as ALEXANDRIA
/Users/kevinsmith/ccl-lisp/trivial-features/trivial-features.asd into
#<Package "ASDF0">
; registering #<SYSTEM TRIVIAL-FEATURES> as TRIVIAL-FEATURES
Welcome to Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.5-dev-r13523M-trunk  (DarwinX8664)!
? (require :cl-opengl)
; Warning: Don't know how to setup a hook before saving cores on this Lisp.
; While executing: #<Anonymous Function #x302000D3A5DF>, in process
listener(1).
:CL-OPENGL
NIL
?

I created a stripped down version of my program that just has the cl-opengl
and GLUT libraries in it and it looks like the first window comes up, but
then it hangs before GL gets a chance to clear the window and do its
thing...  Is the warning  (the hook) the problem ?