[Openmcl-devel] Core Animation demo fails under OSX 10.6

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at mac.com
Wed Aug 25 18:07:47 PDT 2010

On Aug 25, 2010, at 6:07 PM, Neil Baylis wrote:

> OK, well I'm pulling my hair over this thing now.

You can stop - I've got your ca-demo-b.lisp running now. It was simply a matter of configuring the layers *after*
1. displaying the window (you were already doing this bit), and
2.  making the view the window's content view.

Also, you had some problems with float formats - i.e., calling:
(#/numbefWithFloat ns:ns-number 2.0) or somesuch will error on a 64-bit system where *read-default-float-format* is double-float (numberWithFloat: wants a single-float, not a double-float), so just change it to:
(#/numbefWithFloat ns:ns-number 2.0s0)

modified, but working version attached.

warmest regards,

Ralph