[Openmcl-devel] One last (I hope) Cocoa question

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Mon Jan 25 10:52:25 PST 2010

I think I have all the pieces working that I need to integrate a revision control system into Hemlock.  I can grab snapshots on every save by intercepting GUI::WRITE-HEMLOCK-BACKUP-FILE, and I can rollback by using the underlying RCS to rollback the file and then invoking hemlock-ext:revert-hemlock-buffer.  All that works, but there is a hitch: once the RCS has swapped out the underlying file (so that it now has a different inode), Cocoa won't let you save it any more, except by doing a SAVE-AS, which is annoying.  I can work around this by closing the editor window and then re-opening a fresh one on the (now new) file, but that seems like a Horrible Hack.  Does anyone know of a way to convince an NSDocument to reconnect itself to a file with the same name but a different inode?

Thanks,
rg