[Openmcl-devel] iPad?

Bill St. Clair wws at clozure.com
Thu Jan 28 08:22:47 PST 2010

I haven't seen any mention of Power architecture in the A4. Everybody
says it's an Arm, in particular, the ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore.

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2010/1/27/apple-a4-soc-unveiled---its-an-arm-cpu-and-the-gpu!.aspx

http://www.arm.com/products/CPUs/ARMCortex-A9_MPCore.html

I do hope Apple opens up the iPad for interpreters and compilers. As far
as I know, it will ship with the same limitations as the iPhone and iPod
Touch, meaning that we could make a CCL for it, but would only be able
to ship compiled apps, no eval or compile.

Actually, I hope they unlock it completely, and allow you to load any
software you want on YOUR computer.

-Bill