[Openmcl-devel] Mac App store: will CCL apps fly?

Alexander Repenning ralex at cs.colorado.edu
Mon Oct 25 16:38:02 PDT 2010

I think there is a BIG confusion. There are no Lisp applications of any kind in the Mac App store.  The Coming Soon, i.e., not even existing yet Mac App store has essentially nothing to do with the App Store other than Apple being behind it.

To quote Apple: "The App Store brings a world of possibilities to iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. [the Mac App store] is about to do the same for your Mac

http://www.apple.com/mac/app-store/

This is NOT a store for iPhone/iPad/iPod Apps!

The Mac App store is a store to have full Mac Apps (which do not run on iPhone/iPad/iPod). The requirements are very different from the App store. As far as I can tell as long as you do not use depreciated libraries such as Java (and don't implement your own DRM, hack file sharing etc... ) you are fine. CCL Apps should be fine as is.

This is what I am talking about. Allow people to make Mac Apps via CCL which they sell, upgrade, and copy protect through the Mac Apple Store.

Alex