[Openmcl-devel] Mac App store: will CCL apps fly?

Brian Mastenbrook brian at mastenbrook.net
Mon Oct 25 16:48:39 PDT 2010

On 10/25/2010 06:38 PM, Alexander Repenning wrote:
> I think there is a BIG confusion. There are no Lisp applications of any kind in the Mac App store.  The Coming Soon, i.e., not even existing yet Mac App store has essentially nothing to do with the App Store other than Apple being behind it.

The iPhone app store has to do with the Mac app store in that the
restrictions on what apps are allowable in the Mac app store are very
similar to those in the iPhone app store, so Apple's approval of
applications for the iPhone store is likely to be relevant to what they
will approve for the Mac app store. In particular, the restriction on
use of undocumented APIs is present for both stores, and has already
been noted as a concern for OpenMCL.

--
Brian Mastenbrook
brian at mastenbrook.net