[Openmcl-devel] Mac App store: will CCL apps fly?

peter p2.edoc at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 25 21:12:30 PDT 2010

At 5:38 PM -0600 10/10/25, Alexander Repenning wrote:
>[...] and don't implement your own DRM, [...]

Is the Apple idea that our app is safe without DRM in that the world
can only get our app by procuring it through the Apple Store and
downloading and using the app inside a MacOS walled garden (the
equivalent to the iOS's)?  Hence p2p copying is impossible on the
client/user end (unless the walled garden is jail-broken, in which
case we consider this free viral marketing!).

Meaning that the meta-model is that Apple will introduce some sort of
safe zone within the current free-for-all MacOS environment, where
the user has protection, the producer needs no DRM, and Apple of
course are the unilateral rule makers, police and law court.

If there is to be a MacOS walled garden, what impact does this have
on CCL use for developers, will our work be in anarchy/freeland as
now, hence all this is moot?