[Openmcl-devel] Weird ASDF problem

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Fri Sep 10 18:43:44 PDT 2010

It seems all the problems I'm having lately are weird.

This is on a clean build of 1.6-dev-r14248M-trunk.  I'm getting three different behaviors depending on whether I'm running in the IDE, at the command line on OSX, or at the command line on Linux.

In the IDE everything works as it should.

At the command line on Linux I can load most ASDF systems, but not CXML:

? (require :cxml)
ASDF could not load cxml because Error while trying to load definition for system cxml from pathname /home/ron/lisplib/asdf/cxml.asd: :VERSION is an invalid initarg to INITIALIZE-INSTANCE for #<STANDARD-CLASS MISSING-DEPENDENCY>.
Valid initargs: (:REQUIRES :PARENT :REQUIRED-BY)..
> Error: Error while trying to load definition for system cxml from pathname /home/ron/lisplib/asdf/cxml.asd: :VERSION is an invalid initarg to INITIALIZE-INSTANCE for #<STANDARD-CLASS MISSING-DEPENDENCY>.
>        Valid initargs: (:REQUIRES :PARENT :REQUIRED-BY).
> While executing: (:INTERNAL FIND-SYSTEM), in process listener(1).

But loading, e.g. CFFI works.

At the command line on OSX all attempts to load anything through ASDF, but with a different error:

? (require :trivial-features)
#<SYSTEM "trivial-features">
#<STANDARD-METHOD PERFORM (TEST-OP (EQL #<SYSTEM "trivial-features">))>
ASDF could not load trivial-features because File #P"ccl:" does not exist..
> Error: File #P"ccl:" does not exist.
> While executing: ASDF::WRAPPING-OUTPUT-TRANSLATIONS, in process listener(1).

and yet:

? (probe-file "ccl:examples;")
#P"/Users/ron/devel/ccl/trunk/examples/"

Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks,
rg