[Openmcl-devel] CCL64 fails to load cl-plplot

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at mac.com
Sat Sep 11 11:50:29 PDT 2010

On Sep 11, 2010, at 12:27 AM, Gary Byers wrote:

> If NAME is a string that names "libosicat.dylib" (however it's named when
> OPEN-SHARED-LIBRARY reports an error), does:
>
> (with-cstrs ((cname NAME))
>  (#_dlopen cname (logior #$RTLD_GLOBAL #$RTLD_NOW)))
>
> return a null pointer (failure) or a non-null pointer (success) ?

I've determined that the problem is that asdf/cffi didn't place the .dylib in a known location or (alternatively) specify the full path to the dylib when calling dlopen.

IOW, both ccl:open-shared-library and #_dlopen work correctly when given the full path, but for some reason asdf (presumably via cffi) is botching that somehow.

I just copied the dylib to /usr/lib/ and everything works fine.

warmest regards,

Ralph

Raffael Cavallaro
raffaelcavallaro at me.com