[Openmcl-devel] cocoa bridge memory management changes?

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at mac.com
Fri Sep 24 05:15:28 PDT 2010

On Sep 24, 2010, at 7:52 AM, Willem Rein Oudshoorn wrote:

> and normally you let the NSView do the retain and release of the slot
> ivars.   I was surprised that you seem to skip a level.

Normally, yes,  but some slots can't be meaningfully initialized until the window is on screen, so, since these slots aren't created until the window is created, it seems neater to deallocate them when the window is closed.

I could just as easily put the slots in the custom NSWindow subclass as well and avoid the view containment hierarchy level skipping.

I think my question is a larger one, which I'll formulate in a separate email so it doesn't get mixed up with this particular issue.

warmest regards,

Ralph

Raffael Cavallaro
raffaelcavallaro at me.com