[Openmcl-devel] cocoa bridge memory management changes?

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at mac.com
Fri Sep 24 10:46:29 PDT 2010

On Sep 24, 2010, at 12:05 AM, Raffael Cavallaro wrote:

> Has the way memory management is done by the cocoa bridge changed significantly in the last week or so? I have some code that was working fine but now leaks quite a bit and I can't figure out why.

OK, this seems to be similar to a bug introduced then fixed a week or so ago related to make-instance; if I change all of my object creation to use:

(#/instanceWithSomething: ns:ns-some-class-or-other something)

instead of:

(make-instance 'ns:ns-some-class-or-other :with-something something)

then the memory leak goes away

warmest regards,

Ralph

Raffael Cavallaro