[Openmcl-devel] svn commit question

Paul Krueger plkrueger at comcast.net
Wed Jan 19 15:07:47 PST 2011

Sorry to bother you, but I haven't tried to check in anything since the contrib directory hierarchy was changed to include the cocoa-ide subdirectory. I did a completely new checkout of the tree, did all the necessary SVN stuff to add my new files etc. SVN status looks like it should.

The directions Gary gave me previously were to do the following:

So, in general, you'll want to do something like:

shell> cd ccl
shell> scripts/svn-switch contrib
shell> cd contrib
shell> mkdir pkrueger
shell> svn add -m "new" pkrueger
shell> cd ccl/contrib
shell> svn commit -m "new stuff from pkrueger" pkrueger

Of course I have the directory already, so what I did was what I have done before:

[Paul-Kruegers-Mac:/Applications/ccl] paul% scripts/svn-switch contrib
Relocating /Applications/ccl/contrib
[Paul-Kruegers-Mac:/Applications/ccl] paul% cd contrib
[Paul-Kruegers-Mac:/Applications/ccl/contrib] paul% svn commit -m "App Developer Tools from pkrueger"

which came back immediately, so I knew something was wrong. SVN status there shows:

[Paul-Kruegers-Mac:/Applications/ccl/contrib] paul% svn status
?       cocoa-ide

so I tried to drop down to my directory and commit and got:

[Paul-Kruegers-Mac:/Applications/ccl/contrib] paul% cd cocoa-ide/krueger
[Paul-Kruegers-Mac:contrib/cocoa-ide/krueger] paul% svn commit -m "App Developer Tools from pkrueger"
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Server sent unexpected return value (403 Forbidden) in response to MKACTIVITY request for '/publicsvn/openmcl/!svn/act/aa18c98c-a5e2-402e-8b2e-cb8568215e66'

I'm sure I must need to do something else, but I find the mechanics of what the svn-switch stuff is actually doing a little confusing, so I'm not sure how to adjust for the new cocoa-ide directory. I thought I'd ask before blindly trying things that might make the situation worse.

Thanks for any help,

Paul