[Openmcl-devel] Advice needed to debug shared library problem on Mac and Linux

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Tue Mar 29 04:16:15 PDT 2011

Is the library publically available ?  Googling found an API reference document,
but I didn't see a link to the library/headers anywhere.

IIRC, "strip" with no options on OSX removes symbols that the dynamic
linker uses.  It's The World's Most Advanced Operating System!

It sounds less likely that this is a name conflict, though in thinking about
that it seems clear that we want to be a little more careful about trying to
avoid such conflicts.

Whether the library's freely available or not, what does the C prototype for
the function that you're trying to call look like ?  What does the lisp code
that you're using to make that call look like ?  Are you just using the CCL
FFI, or a portability package like cffi or uffi ?