[Openmcl-devel] Right clicking on CCL from the tray on Windows 7

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Tue Oct 25 14:03:48 PDT 2011

In Win7 (at least), if you right-click near the right edge of an entry
in the Windows taskbar, you get a different popup menu than you get if
you right-click elsewhere in the entry; one of the options in this
different popup menu starts a new instance of the represented
application.

I don't think that applications get to exercise a lot of control over
what popup menus appear in their taskbar entries or in what options
those menus offer.  (If Windows allowed that, I suspect that we'd see
it abused in truly bloodcurdling ways.  Just think of the fun we'll
have!)

If there was a CCL (or other application) bug here, what would it be ?
"Continues to run even when launched unexpectedly" doesn't sound too
plausible, but I'd need a lot of help in order to understand how an
application (CCL or otherwise) is involved in this.