[Openmcl-devel] Portable AllegroServe for Clozure CL

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Tue Dec 18 13:41:30 PST 2012

Sorry; I was writing a rambling reply to an earlier message and didn't
see this.

FYI, CCL::ATOMIC-INCF and CCL::ATOMIC-DECF have never worked on semaphores.
(A semphore is something that can be atomically incremented or decremented,
but since certain of these operations have to cause threads to sleep or
wake up, that more or less has to happen in the OS.)

If the thing that CCL::ATOMIC-INCF/DECF are choking on is now a sempahore,
then signaling it/waiting for it are indeed about the only things that you can
do with it.

It seems more likely that the thing being choked on used to just be a simple
fixnum-valued variable, was changed to be a semaphore, and some calls to
CCL::ATOMIC-INCF/DECF weren't updated.