[Openmcl-devel] 1.8 prerelease

Antony lisp.linux at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 06:16:10 PDT 2012

On 3/13/2012 7:20 AM, R. Matthew Emerson wrote:
> On Mar 13, 2012, at 5:41 AM, Antony wrote:
>

>> This is why I tried freebsd a while ago and posted here about it. Since I haven't seen any mention of it, I assume freebsd 9.0 is still not in the picture for CCL 1.8.
> Have you tried to CCL to run on FreeBSD 9?  CCL definitely works on
> FreeBSD 8.1, and I would be surprised to learn that 9.0 broke CCL,
> though I have not installed a 9.0 system to see that for myself.
>
> The binaries in svn are built on a FreeBSD 8.1 system, so it might be
> necessary on 9.0 to do
>
> $ cd ccl/lisp-kernel/freebsdx8664
> $ make
>
> if 9.0 is not binary compatible with 8.1.

I did a

ccl64 --no-init
(ccl:rebuild-ccl :full t)

and then conducted the test.

It segfaulted after serving 12 requests.

See http://clozure.com/pipermail/openmcl-devel/2012-February/013376.html for the procedure I use.
It would be nice to find out if this is CCL/Freebsd issue or virtualbox/freebsd.

-Antony