[Openmcl-devel] CXML-RNG, Plexippus XPath, and Xuriella XSLT

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Sun May 20 07:09:05 PDT 2012

This is just a guess - and  someone who has some idea of what the acronyms you
use mean may have a better one - but the code that you're trying to compile
may do something analogous to:

(defclass foo ()
  ())

(setf (find-class 'bar) (find-class 'foo))

... (typep x 'bar) ...

The spec says (in 4.3.7) that the proper name of a class is a valid
type specifier; in the code above, BAR isn't the proper name of any
class and likely isn't going to be recognized as a valid type
specifier in CCL; other implementations may effectively treat any use
of a symbol S (as a potential type-specifier) for which (FIND-CLASS S
NIL) returns a CLASS object C as being equivalent to C, even if
(CLASS-NAME C) returns something other than S.

You can persuade CCL to treat BAR as a valid type specifier in this
case by doing:

(deftype bar () 'foo)

before trying to use BAR as a type specifer.

[Of course, the problem you're having may be totally unrelated to the above.]