[Openmcl-devel] Initial bindings

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Tue Aug 6 05:11:09 PDT 2013

There are a few ways in which CCL::DEF-STANDARD-INITIAL-BINDING isn't
quite ready for prime-time; it's not quite sure whether it's something
that should run as the bootstrapping image loads files and prepares to
save the full image or whether it's something more general purpose.  There
isn't anything that's more ready for prime-time.

A short answer is that doing

(ccl::def-standard-initial-binding *print-length* 17)

should cause subsequently-created threads to run with *PRINT-LENGTH* bound
to 17 and is thread-safe; some other cases (where the variable isn't BOUNDP
when the DEF-STANDARD-INITIAL-BINDING's expansion is executed or where the
initial value form is omitted) may not be thread-safe.