[Openmcl-devel] Clozure CL on ARM, Ubuntu GNU/Linux, repeatedly creating processes eventually fails with a Kernel memory allocation failure

Rainer Joswig joswig at lisp.de
Mon Dec 30 15:42:22 PST 2013

Hi,

I have question about creating 'processes' using Clozure CL:

It is running on a four core ODROID under Ubuntu 13.10 (GNU/Linux 3.4.67 armv7l):

Welcome to Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.10-dev-r15972M-trunk  (LinuxARM32)!

? (defun do-something () (+ (sin 1.5) (cos 1.3)))
DO-SOMETHING

? (loop repeat 10000 do (process-run-function "foo" #'do-something))
Fatal error: :   Kernel memory allocation failure.
Can't allocate pointer of size 1159168 bytes.

I see above problem also when I call this loop several times with smaller numbers.

The same example works for me on a Quad Core Mac Mini with Clozure CL 1.9-rc1-r15688 without problem.

Q:  Could it be that there is a problem with freeing the memory of Lisp processes under Ubuntu/ARM/CCL?

Regards,

Rainer Joswig