[Openmcl-devel] ASDF 2.26, UTF-8 encoded source files, and CCL 1.8

Tom Emerson tremerson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 06:44:16 PST 2013

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 9:40 AM, Anton Vodonosov <avodonosov at yandex.ru> wrote:
> Check this: http://cliki.net/ASDF%20encoding

Yes, this is described in the ASDF docs that I was reading yesterday
(when common-lisp.net wasn't down). I've tried that too. Specifying
the encoding at both the component and the system level. It doesn't
work. The approach I'm taking is to do this globally, and that isn't
working either.

Anyway, as it stands ASDF 2.x appears to be broken with regards to
specifying the external format for CCL anyway, since (my understanding
is that) you can't simply use

:external-format :utf-8

but need

:external-format '(:character-encoding :utf-8)

Which is one of the things I do, as in my message:

(setq asdf:*utf-8-external-format* '(:character-encoding :utf-8))

--
Tom Emerson
tremerson at gmail.com
http://www.dreamersrealm.net/tree