[Openmcl-devel] freebsd 9.1 amd64

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Thu Feb 7 18:40:27 PST 2013

On Thu, 7 Feb 2013, Gary Byers wrote:

> I have no idea; I'll install a copy of FreeBSD 9.1 and see if I can make
> any sense of it.
>
> The 9.1 release notes didn't seem to say "broke sigreturn" ...

Unless they called that "kernel support for the AVX FPU extension".

That (and related changes in signal context format) seems to be a likely
cause of the problem.

I don't have a spare physical machine that has AVX and VirtualBox doesn't
seem to enable it in its guest VMs, but VMWare may do so.

(I have run CCL on 9.1 in VirtualBox and haven't seen a problem yet.)