[Openmcl-devel] freebsd 9.1 amd64

Mark Cox markcox80 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 01:22:05 PST 2013

On 08/02/2013, at 12:40 PM, Gary Byers wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Feb 2013, Gary Byers wrote:
>
>> I have no idea; I'll install a copy of FreeBSD 9.1 and see if I can make
>> any sense of it.
>>
>> The 9.1 release notes didn't seem to say "broke sigreturn" ...
>
> Unless they called that "kernel support for the AVX FPU extension".

I have two FreeBSD 9.1-amd64 virtual machines running on two different CPUs using Parallels
- Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     P7350  @ 2.00GHz (13-inch Macbook Late 2008)
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2635QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (15-inch Macbook Pro, Early 2011)

The Core 2 Duo runs CCL-1.8 fine, but the Core i7 has the same problem as Cyrille reported.

The Core 2 Duo does not have AVX extensions [1], but the Core i7 does have them [2].

Mark

[1] http://ark.intel.com/products/36750/Intel-Core2-Duo-Processor-P7350-3M-Cache-2_00-GHz-1066-MHz-FSB
[2] http://ark.intel.com/products/53463

The CPU information was obtained using:
sysctl -n machdep.cpu.brand_string

CCL-1.8 was obtained using FreeBSD ports.