[Openmcl-devel] encoding/decoding clozure strings to/from UTF-8

Karsten Poeck Karsten.Poeck at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 04:50:57 PST 2014

On 30.12.14 23:57, Mark Klein wrote:
> (http:export-url  #u"/test"
>                   :computed
>                   :response-function #'test)

That works fine for me, but only if I define the stream that is returned
by the accept-connection like this:

(ccl:accept-connection socket :wait t :stream-args '(:external-format
:utf-8))

Since this is now a discussion about cl-http and not about Clozure
Common Lisp, perhaps we continue the discussion on the cl-http mailing list.

For me the key issue is now whether it is a good idea to use utf-8
streams for a full response header/body.

In a private mail to us Rainer said that he doubted that - at least I
understood it that way - and he probably has good reasons.

regards

Karsten