[Openmcl-devel] access Mac OS python interpreter from clozure?

Mark Klein m_klein at mit.edu
Wed Oct 1 15:50:27 PDT 2014

Hi,

I’d like to create input and output streams that connect with the python interpreter that comes included with Mac OS X so I can invoke python subroutines from lisp and get the results. Does anyone have any suggestions about how that can be done? I see that Clozure allows running other programs as subprocesses (http://ccl.clozure.com/ccl-documentation.html#Running-Other-Programs-as-Subprocesses) but it’s not clear to me if I can use that to interact with a program like python, as oppose to simply invoking a program like “cat” and getting the results it returns when it completes.

Thanks for your help!

Mark

Mark Klein
http://cci.mit.edu/klein

Principal Research Scientist
Center for Collective Intelligence
Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Visiting Researcher
Dynamic and Distributed Information Systems Group
University of Zurich