[Openmcl-devel] Is it possible to set CA_DEBUG_TRANSACTIONS in CCL?

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Mon Oct 20 15:29:46 PDT 2014

On Oct 20, 2014, at 6:20 PM, Michael Minerva <minerva at agentsheets.com> wrote:

> After upgrading to Yosemite I am noticing some new app hangs that did not occur on Mavericks. When this hang occurs I get the following console message:
>
> 10/20/14 4:10:03.962 PM AgentCubes[2589]: CoreAnimation: warning, deleted thread with uncommitted CATransaction; set CA_DEBUG_TRANSACTIONS=1 in environment to log backtraces.
>
> Is there anyway to enable this logging environmental variable in CCL. I found some instructions on how to do so in Xcode:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23867470/xcode-how-to-set-ca-debug-transactions-1
>
>  but I wonder if it might be possible to set this variable in CCL so I might be able to figure out where things are going wrong.

You can use ccl:setenv from a running lisp, e.g.

(ccl:setenv "CA_DEBUG_TRANSACTIONS" "1")

You can set tbe variable yourself before starting your lisp (or app) in any of the normal Unix ways, e.g.,

$ CA_DEBUG_TRANSACTIONS=1; export CA_DEBUG_TRANSACTIONS
$ MyApp.app/Contents/MacOS/MyApp

or

$ env CA_DEBUG_TRANSACTIONS=1 MyApp.app/Contents/MacOS/MyApp