[Openmcl-devel] Problems with installing CCL on Ubuntu

Top, J.D. j.d.top at student.rug.nl
Thu Apr 9 11:41:54 PDT 2015

Removing the ccl folder from my Desktop, redownloading a new archive using
subversion to */home/myname*, then changing the ccl script in
*usr/local/bin* to use* CCL_DEFAULT_DIRECTORY=/home/myname/ccl* (instead of
the former ccl directory on the Desktop) seems to have fixed it.

The desktop ccl folder was obtained from
ftp://ftp.clozure.com/pub/release/1.10/ccl-1.10-linuxx86.tar.gz, without
using subversion. In the desktop CCL folder, no lx86cl and lx86cl64 files
were present, and using *make clean && make *in *ccl/lisp-kernel/linuxx8632*
did not produce a lx86cl file (as opposed to the lx86cl.image), so there
was no lx86cl to execute after building.

Thanks all for your incredibly quick replies and support.