[Openmcl-devel] Is there a way to suppress this warning?

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Thu Apr 30 13:44:33 PDT 2015

On Apr 30, 2015, at 1:25 PM, Karsten Poeck <karsten.poeck at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 30.04.15 21:36, Karsten Poeck wrote:
>> On 30.04.15 20:08, Ron Garret wrote:
>>> (flet ((+ () t)) t)
>> Not sure whether you consider this a solution, but did you try shadowing +?
> I am aware that you wrote "The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Common Lisp Packages", just wonder why you didn't use packages here.

Because I despise packages with a deep and abiding passion.  IMNSHO, parsers should not have side-effects, and the right way to modularize code is with first-class global environments, not a reader hack.

Notwithstanding, I did ultimately hold my nose and deploy a package-based solution.  But I would much rather just have suppressed the warning.

rg