[Openmcl-devel] Is there a way to suppress this warning?

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Thu Apr 30 13:45:45 PDT 2015

I haven't looked at this yet, but am curious and will try to look at it
soon.
iirc, the spec says that the results of this case are undefined. I'm not
even
sure whether CCL gleefully inlines what looks like a call to CL+ in this
case,
or if respects and uses the local definition, and if I do RC, both
behaviors are
allowed.

a few years ago, we had a customer who expected a warning or possibly an
error in this case (possibly because they were used to another CL
implementation's
behavior, or possibly because they didn't understand the phrase "the
results are undefined".
that's not important now.  What -is- important is that their employer
waved money in our
faces and asked us to change this, and we did.

Sometimes, the principle of the thing is more important than money is.
This was not one
of those times.