[Openmcl-devel] Is there a way to suppress this warning?

Gail Zacharias gz at clozure.com
Thu Apr 30 13:55:49 PDT 2015

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 4:45 PM, Gary Byers <gb at clozure.com> wrote:

> I haven't looked at this yet, but am curious and will try to look at it
> soon.
> iirc, the spec says that the results of this case are undefined. I'm not
> even
> sure whether CCL gleefully inlines what looks like a call to CL+ in this
> case,
> or if respects and uses the local definition, and if I do RC, both
> behaviors are
> allowed.

I'm pretty sure CCL respects the local definitions, because i do the sort
of thing Ron describes (i.e. wrap local bindings for some standard
functions around a form) on occasion as a debugging tool, and it's always
worked fine.

a few years ago, we had a customer who expected a warning or possibly an