[Openmcl-devel] Portable AllegroServe

Dave Cooper david.cooper at genworks.com
Mon Feb 8 10:05:14 PST 2016

We have been using the quicklisp version of aserve (which I believe is
sourced from Sourceforge git) for years, and it's been working acceptably
for years for our purposes. There is recently a IPv6 issue which came up,
which causes some annoyances but I don't think is a show-stopper.  I do
need to circle back and confirm what all those issues were and to what
extent they are resolved in latest Quicklisp and/or CCL (as I recall the
main issues came into play in CCL 1.11 and not in CCL 1.10).

Portable aserve is crucial for its role in Gendl, and "switching to
hunchentoot" is not a short- or medium-term option for us.  So Genworks
would like to express its intention and willingness to support smooth
running of portable aserve with as many CL implementations a possible.

How we make good on that intention is a bit of a TBD right now, but I will
personally commit to spending some time with various versions of CCL and
aserve by some time next week, and report back with my understanding of
where things stand currently.  I may also advocate for moving the
repository to common-lisp.net and trying to breathe new life into a new
mailing list (the portableaserve Sourceforge discussion group has been
dead, dead, dead for some time now).

--
My Best,

Dave Cooper