[Openmcl-devel] Platform Specific GUI

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Thu Jul 14 14:16:29 PDT 2016

> On Jul 14, 2016, at 5:03 PM, Craig Lanning <craig.t.lanning at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I noticed that there are header files for each platform. I.e. win32-
> headers, win64-headers, gkt2-headers, etc.
>
> Where in the documentation do I look to see how to use these to access
> the platform specific UI's?
>
> I'm trying to get a CLIM implementation up and running and I need it to
> have backends for Linux, Windows, and Mac OSX.

The "headers" are actually database files that contain information about foreign types, records, constants, and functions.  They're not magic, but they are used by the #_ reader macro (and its friends #& and #$) to make calling foreign functions pretty convenient.

http://ccl.clozure.com/docs/ccl.html#the-interface-database (in addition to the surrounding sections) discusses it a bit.

I hope that'll help get you started.