[Openmcl-devel] Request for advice on handling SERIOUS-CONDITIONs in ASDF tests

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Mon Jul 25 09:27:25 PDT 2016

On 7/25/16 Jul 25 -11:13 AM, Gary Byers wrote:
> Of these two options, the former (not trying to handle the
> CCL:PROCESS-RESET condition) makes more sense to me.  I'm not entirely
> sure that PROCESS-RESET should be a SERIOUS-CONDITION (or any other kind
> of CONDITION) at all, and have no idea what it would mean to handle that
> condition.

I *think* based on the description of SERIOUS-CONDITION in the spec,
that it's fine to have this be a condition, but it should not be a
SERIOUS-CONDITION, because it does not satisfy the definition (per your
email).

For now I have a warty solution to this problem in ASDF, but it would be
great if I didn't have "Trap all the SERIOUS-CONDITIONs (that should
otherwise hit the debugger), except for the one that wouldn't hit the
debugger anyway." ;-)

Thanks for the quick response!

Best,