[Openmcl-devel] ccl tests

R. Matthew Emerson rme at acm.org
Mon Apr 10 19:05:29 PDT 2017

I moved the ccl tests from Subversion into a separate repository, namely https://github.com/Clozure/ccl-tests.

It used to be the case that (ccl:test-ccl) would check out the tests from Subversion and run them, all with one command.  This currently doesn't work, because test-ccl tries to figure out where to check out the tests from by running "svn info", and naturally, that doesn't work from a git checkout.

Anyway, to run the tests, you can do

git clone https://github.com/Clozure/ccl-tests.git
cd ccl-tests
make CCL=/path/to/ccl test

If you try the tests on 32-bit x86, there will be several failures.  These failures are CCL bugs that need to be fixed.

On another note, the ccl buildbot that I set up a few years ago needs to be brought up-to-date.  The configuration needs to be revised to get sources and binaries from GitHub rather than from Subversion.

If anyone feels like lending a hand with this, please let me know.