[Openmcl-devel] moving Clozure CL to GitHub

R. Matthew Emerson rme at acm.org
Sat Feb 11 17:39:59 PST 2017

> On Feb 11, 2017, at 5:27 PM, Chris Hanson <cmhanson at eschatologist.net> wrote:
>
> On Feb 9, 2017, at 7:39 PM, R. Matthew Emerson <rme at acm.org> wrote:
>>
>> I envision keeping the current Subversion/Trac setup alive indefinitely, but as a read-only historical reference.
>
> Will the issues in Trac be migrated to GitHub Issues? Or will these be treated as historical, and we should re-file any that are important to us via GitHub Issues?

I thought I might try to do a quick triaging pass over the Trac tickets and re-file the most important ones as GitHub issues, but I'd appreciate it if people would re-file their important tickets as GitHub issues.

I am planning to keep the Trac around.  The Trac tickets don't immediately become useless with the move to GitHub, but it's certainly true that GitHub issues are probably going to get more attention.

Some Googling turns up https://github.com/transmission/transmission/issues/139, which references a number of tools that purport to convert Trac tickets to GitHub issues.  That might be a useful thing to do, and if someone is interested in doing that, I'd try to help out as time allows.