[Openmcl-devel] CCL on GitHub

Tim Bradshaw tfb at tfeb.org
Sun Feb 12 06:55:29 PST 2017

On 12 Feb 2017, at 02:03, R. Matthew Emerson <rme at clozure.com> wrote:

> Over at https://github.com/Clozure/ccl there's now a README.md and some binary archives in https://github.com/Clozure/ccl/releases.

I've made an attempt at this.  It might be worth mentioning in the README that the right incantation for curl to get a release is

    curl -L -O <github-release-url>

As there are redirects (it works to fetch it from a browser but I want it to work in scripts, and curl seems not to follow redirects by default).

I then followed the instructions, which work fine but (rebuild-ccl :full t) fails building the kernel with implausible-looking C errors (no <sys/signal.h>: can't be right).  I'm on

    Darwin kingston.local 16.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version 16.4.0: Thu Dec 22 22:53:21 PST 2016; root:xnu-3789.41.3~3/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

with, I think, the current Xcode (at least the app store does not tell me I need a new one).

This is master in git and 1.12.dev.0 release

I can raise an issue on GH if that would be useful but it may be some configurational thing on my machine.

I can build the SVN version.

--tim