[Openmcl-devel] ccl 1.11 release and GitHub

Alexey Veretennikov txm.fourier at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 11:35:40 PST 2017

Hi,

This is not correct. Git stores:
- objects (in .git/objects) - these are zlib-compressed files.
- pack files (in .git/objects/pack) - they contain both objects and
compressed deltas (diffs).

Git uses sophisticated heuristics to determine if the files should be
stored as diffs. You can invoke this heuristics running git gc however.

When you do the clone from repository, you only receive pack files.

For details see here: https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-Internals-Packfiles

--
Br,
/Alexey