[Openmcl-devel] AgentCubes 2.5 and MacOS Sierra not happy with each other

Paul Krueger plkrueger at comcast.net
Tue Jan 10 07:37:46 PST 2017

This may be a completely different problem, but it vaguely resembles a problem that occurred earlier after Apple changed the internal representation for some date instances to be “tagged”, i.e. have some of the low-order 4 bits set in the instance pointer. Eventually a newer version of CCL knew about that format and so treated these instances as real objects instead of causing this error. Before this was available I used a work-around that I believe someone at Clozure provided which allowed me to set things up so that CCL would correctly recognize that pointer as a valid object. That code still exists in my contrib in the tagged-dates.lisp file although I no longer need to call it for anything. Of course you’d need to know exactly which object you were trying to initialize when this occurred and verify that there is, in fact, a new tagged representation of it that is causing your problem.