[Openmcl-devel] AgentCubes 2.5 and MacOS Sierra not happy with each other

Paul Onions ponions37 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 11:38:07 PST 2017

On 10 Jan 2017, at 04:41, Alexander Repenning wrote:

> I have been out the loop for some time. AgentCubes is a CCL based
> Application on the Mac/PC but it no longer runs on MacOS Sierra
> (10.12.2)
>
> This is probably not even close to sufficient information but we get:
>
>> Error: The value #<A Foreign Pointer #x63380D0> is not of the
>> expected type OBJC:OBJC-OBJECT.
>> While executing: (:OBJC-DISPATCH NEXTSTEP-FUNCTIONS:|init|), in
>> process Initial(0).
>
> Does this ring a bell with anybody?

Yes!  This is the same message that a user reported when trying to run
my Hoppi application [1] on Sierra.  It was built by me with CCL 1.10
on El Capitan (I don't yet have Sierra).  The problem went away when I
updated the application to build with CC 1.11 (see the thread "Tips on
building a mac application" on this mailing list a few weeks ago).

The changes I had to make to get Hoppi to build with CCL 1.11 were:-

1. change my application class to subclass NS:NS-APPLICATION directly,
instead of GUI::LISP-APPLICATION (which was removed in CCL 1.11), and

2. use GUI::*DELEGATE-CLASS-NAME* instead of GUI::*DEFAULT-NS-
APPLICATION-PROXY-CLASS-NAME* to set the application delegate class
for CCL::BUILD-APPLICATION.

Hope this helps,
Paul

[1] https://bitbucket.org/cloudycat/hoppi