[Openmcl-devel] Using the COCOA BRIDGE

Denis Lorrain dlo_lorrain at yahoo.fr
Sun Jul 9 09:58:45 PDT 2017

Hello all,

I'm still looking for help with the CCL - Cocoa Bridge. I've posted a message to the same purpose last 07/02, following a similar query by Oscar Chappel the day before.

To put things simply: the Cocoa Bridge doesn't work fully in recent macOS environments when one tries out the examples delivered with CCL. I'm running with

- macOS 10.12.5

- CCL 1.11.1

- Xcode 8.3.3.

For instance the example CCL code delivered in

- Applications/Clozure\ CL.app/Contents/Resources/ccl/examples/cocoa/ui-elements/HOWTO.html

CCL evaluations are all right, objects are instantiated, etc., but NO UI WINDOW shows up.

The same with loading Nibfiles and interacting with Xcode's InterfaceBuilder, for instance as described in

- Applications/Clozure\ CL.app/Contents/Resources/ccl/examples/cocoa/currency-converter/HOWTO.html

- Applications/Clozure\ CL.app/Contents/Resources/ccl/examples/cocoa/nib-loading/HOWTO.html

CCL evaluations are all right, objects are instantiated, etc., but NO UI WINDOW shows up.

Is there some available update fixing this???

Thanks for any help

--

Denis Lorrain

Site: http://denislorrain.org