[Openmcl-devel] prompt-for-file (embarrassing question)

Dimitri Simos dim at lissys.demon.co.uk
Thu Mar 30 10:41:01 PDT 2017

Thanks Rainer,

I very much appreciate your thoughts, and your taking the time to read
all of my disgraceful rant.

I guess I was just blowing off a decade's steam. For me personally, and
for Piano, there is in fact no real issue at all. The software is stable
and all development that needs to be done in future can be handled in LW
with the assistance of this wonderful Lisp community's extraordinary
Wizards.

My broader concern is for the next generation. After all this time, they
really deserved to be able to get their hands on something at least as
magical as the diskette that landed on my lap in the late '80s and
changed my life. Then again, this generation will also fail to see a
moon landing as I did, or to see a Europe united as I did, or to aspire
to US values, or to enjoy reading dusty books under bedcovers instead of
existing in a Whatsappiverse. We're really not being awfully nice to our
kids. There, that felt good. I'll now shut up, crawl into a dark corner
and be quietly old and fester.

Thanks again,
Dimitri