[Openmcl-devel] GNUStep Anyone?

R. Matthew Emerson rme at acm.org
Fri Mar 31 08:09:38 PDT 2017

> On Mar 31, 2017, at 1:25 AM, Steven Nunez <snunez at mapr.com> wrote:
>
> With all this talk of GUI, I thought to ask: Does the Cocoa bridge work with GNUStep? If so at least we'd have one more platform to target. GNUStep is actually quite usable, even though the application developer community is quite small.

It sort of worked at one point, but it currently it doesn't, I don't think.  There were a number differences in the GNU Objective-C runtime, but it may be the case that the GNU Objective-C runtime has been updated to use Apple's Objective-C runtime interface.  In that case, it would be fairly straightforward to get it working again.

Like I said, though, I think native interfaces are the way to go, so I personally am not very motivated to pursue this kind of thing.  But maybe someone else would be more enthusiastic.