[Openmcl-devel] Problems displaying a window

Richard Sutton rsutton at ualberta.ca
Sat Jan 20 15:25:14 PST 2018

Hello All,
I am following the instructions in /ccl/examples/cocoa/ui-elements/HOWTO.html, which purports to give a simple example of creating and displaying an ns-window. It is a lovely explanation, just the sort of thing I was looking for. After just a few steps it ends with the promising claim that "The window, empty, but with the shape and features we specified, appears on the left lower corner of the screen”. Unfortunately, for me, with a freshly downloaded CCL and the Hemlock IDE, the window does not appear. The screenshot below shows me going through exactly the steps in the HowTo, with no window appearing. Any ideas about what has changed or how the HowTo should be amended?
-rich