[Openmcl-devel] invited talk at the European Lisp Symposium

Paul Krueger plkrueger at comcast.net
Wed Mar 21 07:38:34 PDT 2018

Matthew,

I’m not sure how significant this is, because not many people use it, but I published a common-lisp API for Federal Reserve Economic Data (FRED) from the St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank. This lets people download any of the various economic data series that they make available and puts them into Lisp structures which can be easily manipulated. This can be found by following the Common Lisp link on https://research.stlouisfed.org/docs/api/fred/ to my gitHub distribution (or just use https://github.com/plkrueger/CommonLispFred).

I actually created two API’s in this code. One pretty much directly translates the FRED API from specs and another makes it possible to load data dynamically in a lazy way as various attributes of data series lisp objects are accessed.

Although I used CCL exclusively to develop and test this API, it is pretty generic Common Lisp.

And of course I also did a pretty full-blown set of translation functions to/from objective-c and lisp objects plus many other Lisp tools to help develop Cocoa interfaces for Apple OS X devices. This is also downloadable from GitHub: https://github.com/plkrueger/CocoaInterface. This also gets almost no use. It is dependent on the CCL Objective-C bridge, which is truly outstanding.

Paul