[Openmcl-devel] Forward sexp in Clozure CL for Mac

R. Matthew Emerson rme at acm.org
Fri Nov 23 21:48:52 PST 2018

> On Nov 22, 2018, at 11:20 PM, Mark Klein <m_klein at MIT.EDU> wrote:
>
> In earlier versions of Clozure CL for Mac, there was an IDE  keychord that moved the cursor back/forward through the source code to the matching paren, I think it was control left/right arrow. That doesn’t seem to work anymore. How do I get that very useful functionality back?

C-M-f and C-M-b are Forward Form and Backward Form.  C-M means control-meta, or in other words, usually Control-Option.  Control-rightarrow and Control-leftarrow should also work for those.  There's a "Hemlock Commands" menu item in the Help menu that helps discover editor commands and their key bindings.

You might have to disable the mission control shortcuts in the keyboard system preferences pane in order for the control-arrow sequences to work (since they're used to switch between spaces otherwise.)

1. open keyboard prefs.
2. choose shortcuts tab
3. select "mission control" from list on left, and then clear the "Mission Control" checkbox to make control-leftarrow and control-rightarrow available for applications to use.

Hope that helps,

-m