[Openmcl-devel] test version of Mojave-compatible app store ccl

R. Matthew Emerson rme at acm.org
Tue Oct 30 18:38:01 PDT 2018

I think https://github.com/Clozure/ccl/commit/212c25448fb1743c3c51707e69a8b7a604e714a6 <https://github.com/Clozure/ccl/commit/212c25448fb1743c3c51707e69a8b7a604e714a6> is not as problem-free as I originally thought it might be.

If I run a CCL IDE that includes that change on a High Sierra system (like the test ccl.pkg), then I see a crash.  But when I used a command-line lisp, I didn't see the crash, oddly enough.

If I take that change out (i.e., revert 212c2544), it works fine.

On the other hand, if I run the Lisp installed from the test ccl.pkg on a macOS Mojave system, your test case appears to work fine.

I wish I remembered why we needed the DarwinSigReturn workaround in the first place.  It looks like it is going to be necessary to detect at runtime whether we are on a pre-Mojave macOS, and leave the DarwinSigReturn thing in place if so.

-m