[Openmcl-devel] command-line invocation on Mac

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Mon Apr 1 23:47:58 PDT 2019

On Apr 1, 2019, at 11:06 PM, Shannon Spires <svs at bearlanding.com> wrote:

> Updating CCL (as opposed to merely rebuilding it) is not likely to be workable from the App
> Store version. You need to check out the code with git for that.

You can do that (and pretty much anything else command-liney that you need to do) from the IDE by spawning a shell using RUN-PROGRAM.  You can simplify this considerably using my bashlink utility, which is part of ergolib:

https://github.com/rongarret/ergolib

You could probably extract bashlink and make it standalone if you wanted to:

https://github.com/rongarret/ergolib/blob/master/layer1/bashlink.lisp

Here’s an example running in the IDE:

Welcome to Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.11-r16812M  (DarwinX8664)!
? (devel-init)
#P"/Users/ron/devel/lisp-code/rg-init.lisp"
? (require :bashlink)

? (bash "cd ~/devel/ccl/github")
NIL
NIL