[Openmcl-devel] “Prehistoric” MCL

mikel evins mevins at me.com
Sat Mar 5 09:15:21 PST 2022

Yep, Newtonscript also used a prototype-based object system, broadly similar to Object Lisp and Self. Javascript sort of resembles Newtonscript, enough so that I wonder if Brendan Eich was familiar with it.

And Ralf Stoye reminded us that MCL had stack groups. I'd forgotten!

>>> https://macintoshgarden.org/apps/pearl-lisp <https://macintoshgarden.org/apps/pearl-lisp>