[Openmcl-devel] M1 port: Call for funding

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Sat Dec 30 12:18:24 PST 2023

The limiting factor is the plan, not the funding.  If we had a plan, getting the funding would be much easier.

The problem is that there are only two people on earth who have actually done a CCL port, and a handful of others who are reputed to know how, but none of these people are actually available.  So we have people who know what to do but don't have the time, and people who have the time but don't know what to do.  We need to fix that problem first.

(I take some responsibility for this.  I could have asked Gary to document the process, or walk me through it, back in the day when he did the Rad6000 port, but I was young and foolish.  Lesson learned.  This is one of the reasons I really want to get all this knowledge written down.  There is far too much value here to continue to entrust it all to mere mortals.)

rg