[Openmcl-devel] M1 port: Call for funding

Taoufik Dachraoui dachraoui.taoufik at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 01:51:30 PST 2024

Hi

From
https://mitchellh.com/writing/zig-and-swiftui#appendix-why-not-objective-c

"Building a native GUI for a cross-platform application is a decades old
problem. Nowadays, most people just *don't* and fallback to using a
non-native experience such as Electron instead.

One approach to building a native GUI for a cross-platform application is
to write all of the business logic in a cross-platform language (C, Rust,
Zig, etc.) and then write the platform-specific GUI code. This is the
approach I take with my my terminal emulator
<https://twitter.com/mitchellh/status/1662217955424493570> and it works
really well. As of the current date writing this post, 93% of my repository
is business logic in Zig and C, and 4% is macOS-specific GUI code in Swift."

Kind regards

Taoufik

--
Taoufik Dachraoui